Stages Learning is a growing, dynamic, mission-driven company. We create innovative educational materials primarily for use in autism and early childhood education. We are looking for a staff accountant to perform an array of accounting functions including, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, order fulfillment, and other accounting services from our Vista CA office. In addition to the traditional accounting functions, this person will interface with our customers including parents, teachers, and therapists, to ensure orders are placed, processed and accounted for appropriately.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Extensive knowledge of QuickBooks required.
- Self motivated
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Team player who enjoys pitching in to help and being part of team discussions
- Able to communicate with other team members and outside personnel including vendors and customers.
- Job requires sitting, standing, operating equipment, and both computers and material handling.
- Experience with EDI (TrueCommerce) and Amazon portals helpful but not required.
- Financial recordkeeping
- Bank reconciliation
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Accurately and timely process payroll bi-monthly
- Work with warehouse manager on inventory tracking and controls
- Be able to prioritize job duties on a daily basis.
- Take orders from customers, process orders in QuickBooks, follow through with customers and Stages team to ensure orders are shipped, received and invoiced properly.
- Keep staff informed on problems relating to orders, equipment, supplies needed, etc.
Qualifications and Background
- Must have an accounting or related degree from a 4 year college or university.
- At least 5 years experience in an accounting role
- Previous experience in a fast paced, start-up like environment a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience.