Stages Learning is looking for a shipping clerk to perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the Vista CA warehouse.
Education and Training:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift Certification is highly desirable
- Previous experience working in a warehouse.
- Previous experience in shipping and receiving including experience shipping with UPS, FedEx, USPS and OnTrac desirable.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Organized, dependable with the ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Well rounded warehouse skills including operating forklifts/ pallet jacks/receiving/shipping/office procedures
- Job requires sitting, standing, and operating equipment including computers and material handling.
- Accuracy in picking and packing material
- Familiarity with UPS worldship, FedEx and LTL freight shipments and BOL preparation preferred.
- Experience with Amazon Vendor Central portal and familiarity with shipping requirements, preferred but not required.
- Must be dependable, reliable and timely.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Excel
- Be able to work with little supervision.
- Be able to communicate with other team members and outside personnel (trucking companies, etc).
- Be able to quote freight costs and compare best method for shipping.
- Must maintain good clean, safe and neat workspace. Be well organized as to placement of stock.
- Be able to complete paperwork to ensure proper billing and tracking.
- Be able to prioritize job duties on a daily basis.
- Keep staff informed on problems relating to orders, equipment, supplies needed, etc.
Job Type: Part time 20 hrs a week to start, possibility for growth over 2-4 months for the right candidate. Flexible hours - can work around your class schedule.
Compensation: $15-19/hour DOE