STAGES® Learning Materials is a quickly-scaling company dedicated to creating quality physical and digital teaching tools to help educators provide the best learning opportunities for students on the autism spectrum.
Apply to a competitive six-month internship (this is a part-time, paid position - Spring Semester) at the leading developer of curriculum for autism education. This is a great opportunity for students and recent college graduates. Learn the ins and outs of business, technology, and education from industry leaders, including the Education Market Association's 2020 chair and former Teaching Fellow from the Harvard Graduate School of Education, Angela Nelson. You will have the opportunity to try out many compelling roles at STAGES Learning Materials, and gain an understanding of what a career in the fast-evolving field of EdTech can look like.
The impact you can have
- Work with a mission-driven company and team, passionate about developing educational resources for early autism
- Help make available online resources, via social media and company platforms, to address important issues in autism education and parenting, synthesized in a way that makes the information accessible to all audiences
- Answer parent and educator questions, given structured guidance from the STAGES® team
- Support us as we help schools and clinics find the right solution to their needs. If STAGES is not their best option, we will never push. The success of our educators and students is our highest priority.
- Help STAGES with the day to day tasks it takes to launch our game changing new initiatives and rapidly scale the company... and the impact we can have
What's in it for you
- Exposure to the day to day activities of the EdTech business world, as well as to the work it takes to prepare a company for rapid growth
- An opportunity to develop a relationship with STAGES which can lead to a range of future employment opportunities
- Guidance and support from a team of Harvard Graduate School of Education Alumni who can support and mentor you, and help you set a path for your next education and career steps
- Ability to explore a variety of business tasks to see what interests you the most
- A paid position & flexible schedule to work around school, work or family commitments
- That awesome feeling of having done something to give back
Day to day work could include a range of activities, depending on your interests
- Posting articles to social media platforms & interacting with members of our Autism Learning Line community
- Taking product photographs for our online sales presence
- Light graphic design
- Shooting & editing simple videos
- Administrative support, including data entry, filing, answering phones, running errands
- Sales support
- Documenting processes for streamlining future work
- Front end website work
- Research & writing articles
- Warehouse support
- Digital asset management
Who we are looking for
- Motivated individuals looking for a challenging six-month experience
- Current student or recent college graduate (bachelor’s degree earned 2020 or 2021)
- Strong academic record with a GPA of 3.0 or higher; all majors are welcome
- Exceptional written, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain strong, professional relationships
- A keen attention to detail, and the ability to think critically and troubleshoot is crucial; problem solving and analytical capability
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Comfort and experience/proficiency in the use of a computer, including at least some of the following applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G-Suite, CRM, WordPress, Shopify, Marketing Automation tools, and search engines
- Demonstrated interest in business, education, technology, or social entrepreneurship sectors
- A self-starter, disciplined, and competitive professional
- Able to work independently with some direction
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Someone able to come into our offices in Vista, CA, in our safe and clean environment
Bonus if you have these particular areas of current interest & experience
- ABA Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Special Education Teachers
- Students currently earning degrees in education and related fields.
- Personal or professional experience with autism or special education
STAGES® Learning Materials is dedicated to creating quality teaching tools to help educators provide the best learning opportunities for students on the autism spectrum.
STAGES was founded by a UCLA trained ABA Therapist in 1997, when autism diagnosis first began to rise. Our top-selling autism education product, the Language Builder Picture Cards, was designed to specifically meet the learning needs of the individual with autism. The Language Builder Series has become a staple in home and school programs throughout the world. Today STAGES offers a full range of award-winning real photo products for autism education, special needs, and pre-school education.
Our innovative new Language Builder: Academic Readiness Intervention System (ARIS) can now be found in pre-schools, day care centers, early childhood classrooms, autism programs, speech language programs, and homes around the world. Based on the principles of ABA therapy, and adapted for the classroom, ARIS combines the trusted Language Builder Picture Card sets with 3D manipulatives, detailed lesson plans, black-line masters for various activity sheets, a system for record-keeping, and custom home communication forms, for the most complete early autism education curriculum available today.
Learn more about STAGES® Mission here.
STAGES Publishing, Inc. values diversity and we are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.